This blog is written in response to my good friend Jamie Waddy's blog post. Ya know, kind of like how Travis Tritt wrote the song "Strong Enough To Be Your Man" in response to Sheryl Crow's single "Strong Enough". (This example will become even more poignant in a minute.)
Jamie is turning the big 3-0 in August and she created a 5 song soundtrack to the last 60 days of her twenties.
I love music! Name a song and I'm bound to tell you the artist, songwriter, album title and what position it held on the Billboard Charts. It would be in your best interest to invite me to play on your Tuesday night trivia team... as long as you only need help with one category.
So anytime there is a music challenge, I try to deliver. Below is the soundtrack to my life. What's on your playlist?
1. Arise, My Love by New Song. I love hearing this song performed live. It always brings tears to my eyes. It's such an emotional reminder of the ultimate sacrifice that God made for us and the promise of everlasting life.
2. Then by Brad Paisley. This song is for my husband, whom I love more every day. He is my best friend and partner and I can't imagine my world without him in it. He makes each day the next happiest day of my life.
3. Miracle by Celine Dion. This song is for my two little miracles, Bailey and Drew. Being their mother is the greatest honor of my life. I never really knew love until I knew them.
4. Lose Control by Missy Elliott. This song represents my love for music and dancing. Ahhhh yeah! Turn up the iPod and watch me go!
5. Workin' On A Dream by Bruce Springsteen. If you don't have a dream, what have you got? A dream gives you purpose and direction. It doesn't matter if your dream is to be President of the United States or to own a home, keep on dreamin'!