Here's what you'll need:
3 tablespoons of butter or margarine
1 10-ounce package of regular marshmallows OR 4 cups of miniature marshmallows
6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
24 lollipop sticks or wooden popsicle sticks
1 12-ounce package (about 2 cups) of semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 1/3 cup candy corns
small white candies (we just broke off tiny pieces of white from extra candy corns instead)
Here's what you'll do:
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Once melted, remove from heat.
- Add the Rice Krispies cereal and stir until coated.
- Using a 1/4 measuring cup well coated with non-stick cooking spray, divide the mixture into 24 sections. Using buttered hands, shape each section into a ball. Place on a wax paper lined baking sheet and refrigerate about 10 minutes or until firm.
- Combine chocolate morsels and oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Dip each ball into the chocolate allowing excess to drip off. Place back on the wax paper lined baking sheet. Refrigerate 5 to 10 minutes, or until chocolate is almost set.
- Using candy corns, decorate your turkey pop, adding feathers and a beak, gently pressing candy into mixture. Press in small white pieces of candy for eyes. Add sticks to serve as pops or serve as turkey balls on a platter.
And voilà! A cute dessert that adults and kids love! And Pinterest will be so proud of you. Seriously, everybody gets a victory lap here. Happy Thanksgiving!
Pin it here: